1) I can't wait to meet my new second graders and their families
2) We have a brand new beautiful school
3) I have an awesome year planned and can't wait to get started!
Hello! My name is Mrs. Torres and I will be your child's second grade teacher this school year. I am thrilled to be working with such amazing kids and wonderful, supportive parents. I have been working very hard setting up the classroom in preparation for Meet the Teacher happening this Monday, August 22nd from 3-6. This is an "open house" style where you pop in anywhere between 3-6pm and tour our school, classroom and get to know myself and our awesome student teacher, Ms. Amani. There are a couple of important safety things I need to share:
1) Please have all family members wear closed-toe shoes. It is still a construction zone!
2) Please have your children stay with you at all times. The playground will not be open for playing.
There are a couple of things you can do before meeting me on Monday:
- CLASS BLOG: Enter your email address found on the right side below the globe and you will receive notification when our students are blogging and when I post a blog.
- WEBSITE: You can check out my new website that is full of great information created just for YOU! CLICK ME
- Follow our Twitter feed: @mrsjulietorres
- Sign up for Remind-I can send you a text and you can text me!
- Please take a survey before the first day of school: CLICK ME
Meet the Teacher: August 22nd 3-6 pm in room D9
First day of school: (free dress day) Late start Wednesday, August 24th 9:30-3:00
Have a great weekend and I hope to see you this Monday between 3-6pm!