Sunday, November 2, 2014

Celebrity of the Week~Emily


My Summer Vacation
By Emily Meyer


This summer I went on a vacation with my family.  We went to Zion and Yellowstone National Parks.

Zion is in Utah and Yellowstone is in Wyoming.  

IMG_2653.JPG

We went to Zion Park first.  It was very hot there.  I climbed on a lot of red rocks.  It was fun.  I walked under waterfalls.  I walked in a river and my shoes got wet.  I got to use binoculars to see up close.  I saw a lizard, deer and a chipmunk that I named Alvin.

After we went to Zion, we drove to Yellowstone National Park.  We stayed in Idaho.  We were there on the first day of summer.  It was cold and it evened snowed!  I had to use my umbrella to keep dry.  I saw steam come out of the ground.  I saw buffalo.  They were huge!  







I had a great summer vacation!  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emily,

    Wow! It sounds like you had a fun summer vacation! I have never been to Yellowstone or Zion National Parks, but I would love to go some day. Your post makes me want to go even more!

    I can't believe it snowed in summer! It must have been very cold. Were you excited when it snowed? Were you surprised?

    Thank you for sharing your blog post. I loved reading it!

    Love,
    Mrs. Rohrbacker

    ReplyDelete

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
~Mrs. Torres