Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Learning about Measurement

When I told the class the next math unit was about measurement, I heard nothing but grumbles and sighs. It was clear to me that they were not thrilled about this new unit. I knew once we got into it, they would like it and maybe even some would love it! After the first lesson, the students seemed very interested. When I had to cut the lesson short on day 2 so we could go to lunch, I heard more grumbles...but this time it was because they didn't want to STOP! In the pictures below, students were showing how to measure objects with a nonstandard unit (cubes) and standard units like the inch ruler and then a yardstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
~Mrs. Torres