Thursday, October 2, 2014

We Like To Move It!


There isn't a day that goes by that we don't do a GoNoodle dance. There are some days where I just don't have the time to do a 3 minute break but do you think my students would let me get away with that? If you said, "No way", then you are correct!

I keep my door open throughout the day and when we are taking a brain break, the kids and adults passing in the hall can't resist and take a peek. The students passing in the hall start to dance because clearly, we are having a "dance party" in my classroom!

Although we have recess a few times a day and Friday Fitness every week, GoNoodle brain breaks are at the top of the list. I have to say that I personally love all the Zumba dances and all the Koo Koo Kanga Roo breaks.

When my students are losing attention or when they look lethargic, that is my key to stop and throw in a little "Awesome Rainbows" or "Push all the buttons" routine. The students rejuvenate and are ready to focus once again. Wednesday after lunch, we go a long stretch without a recess so the kids either get really antsy or too relaxed..sometimes I feel the same way. We all get a little unfocused. It's these times that I appreciate and love GoNoodle! 


 Even Mrs. Torres likes to MOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
~Mrs. Torres